In this ten week class we will be collaborating on the creation of a quest-filled Minecraft survival world. We will meet weekly online for approximately an hour each week.
In this class we will be:
1) learn a bit about economics and game-theory
2) practice creative writing skills
3) do some of the coding in Minecraft plugins
4) problem solving
This class is for students 10 – 14 years old. Students will be expected to do some work on the class every week, outside of class time.
If you are a new student please read this post on determining whether Cobblestone Academy is a good fit for you before registering.
- Class Resources
- First Week’s Homework
- Basic NPC commands
- World Scripts
- Our Questworld
- Getting Your NPC to Do More
- NPC Movement Commands
- Item Scripts and using Steps
- Mythic Mob Monsters
- Step by Step Guide to Quest-Making
- Fleshing out your NPC
- Making Shopkeepers
- Refilling Chests, Adding Lighting, Special Events, and Head Items
- Getting the Big Picture